1. Relate aspects of enchantment to the nostalgia that Alice experiences in Wonderland. Why is Alice both fascinated and frustrated by her encounters below-ground?
2. Describe some of the ways that Carroll achieves humor at Alice’s expense.
3. Give an analysis of the use of nonsense in Alice.
4. How does the question “Who am I?” relate to the wish to eat and the fear of being eaten in Alice?
5. Describe the White Rabbit’s function in Alice.
6. What is the significance of the Cheshire-Cat in the Queen’s Croquet-Ground scene?
7. Compare the Duchess’ lullaby to the “You Are Old, Father William” verse.
8. Explain the sentiment of the Mouse’s long tale, the Mock Turtle’s story and the “Lobster-Quadrille.”